2/03/2010

Snickerdoodles




I love these cookies. I could (& do) eat them all day long! These were the first cookies I made by myself. I was in the 4th grade and was so proud of myself. They are super easy to make and you will love them too!

Snickerdoodles

1 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 cups flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbs. sugar
2 tbs. cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Combine the sugar and eggs. When you are done add the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt and mix well.

In another bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon and set aside. Form the cookie dough into little balls and then roll them in the cinnamon/sugar mixture.

Bake them for 8-10 minutes - don't overbake! They will stiffen up on the cookie sheet - I always bake them for the least amount of time possible. And I always double the recipe! You will be proud of yourself after you make them too!

1 comment:

  1. How didn't I know about this blog until today? After I ate your red velvet treat I sat down & found it in a matter of minutes! Wow, I'll be a regular on here from now on!
    By the way, the red velvet was amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete