2/12/2010

Peanut Butter Bars

I had to make a treat for pre-school today and decided to make these bars I saw on Allrecipes. They are no-bake, peanut butter, graham crackers & chocolate - all my favorites! Oh my gosh! They are so yummy. I have made peanut butter bars before and these are definitely the best I have ever made. They are thick and dense and have just the right amount of peanut butter taste, not too overpowering. I need to get them out of my house quickly.

Peanut Butter Bars

  • 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
  • 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 4 tablespoons peanut butter

  • In a medium bowl, mix together the butter or margarine, graham cracker crumbs, confectioners' sugar, and 1 cup peanut butter until well blended. Press evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 inch pan.

  • In the microwave, melt the chocolate chips with the peanut butter, stirring occasionally until smooth. I started with 30 seconds, mixed and then cooked at 15 seconds intervals until melted and smooth. Spread over the prepared crust. Refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting into squares.


Give them a try and see if you can stop eating them!

5 comments:

  1. I turned to your blog tonight when I craved something sweet...I'm so glad I did!!! These were delish!!!! I substituted the graham crackers for rice krispies, because I was all out of grahams. They turned out great, but I imagine they're even better made with the right ingredients!
    (I still haven't told the family they are done yet...I'm so mean, I may just finish them myself!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are great, I really am sad I made them, I may have to eat them all...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks gals! I am so glad you liked them!

    ReplyDelete