6/10/2010

Top Ramen Chinese Chicken Salad

One of my very best friends made this for me when I was in High School. I loved it. I made her give me the recipe before I left her house and I have been making it ever since. I wont say how many years that has been! But, it is really one of my favorite meals. Especially this time of year when it is hot and a cool dinner sounds great.

I like this salad also because it seems to taste better the longer it sits and the spices mix together. I usually pan fry my chicken, but you could easily use rotisserie or grilled chicken also. My kids eat this up without any complaints. Actually, they love it too and try to go for the serving with the most top ramen!

Top Ramen Chinese Chicken Salad
Recipe given to me from Cami Stephenson

1/2 head lettuce, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 head cabbage, cut into bite size pieces
3 cups chicken, diced or shredded
2 Tbs. sesame seeds
1/4 cup slivered almonds
2 packages Top Ramen Chicken Soup Noodles, broken into small pieces
2 green onions, diced

Dressing
1 Top Ramen noodle dressing packet
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp. salt
1Tbs. sugar
3 Tbs. vinegar
1 tsp. pepper

Combine all of the dressing ingredients and stir very well. Set aside while you put the salad together.

Add all of the salad ingredients into a large bowl and mix with the dressing. That's it. Sometimes I don't have sesame seeds or almonds & it still tastes great! Enjoy this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment