4/30/2012

Cake Batter Balls

Photobucket
We had a fun party for my sister - she turned the big 30! It was a great time with family and we had lots of yummy food, which always means it was a success!

I was in charge of helping decorate and making some of the treats. I immediately thought of these cake batter balls I have made a several times in the last couple months ago. They are a HUGE hit every time I make them. In fact, my kids recognized the ingredients and were doing a happy dance while I was making them. I have decided that I can only make them for a specific purpose so they aren't left at my house for me to eat!

We put them in some of my mom's beautiful jars and they looked so festive! Sprinkles always mean a party, right!!


Photobucket


Cake Batter Truffles

Recipe from: The Sweet life
Print here

1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup yellow cake mix
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
3-4 tbsp milk
2 tbsp sprinkles
16 oz (8 squares) white almond bark
4 tbsp yellow cake mix
sprinkles, for decoration

Beat together butter and sugar with an electric mixer until combined. Add cake mix, flour, salt, and vanilla, mixing well. Add milk and beat until a dough consistency forms. Stir in sprinkles.

Roll dough into one-inch balls. Place on a cookie sheet lined with wax or parchment paper. Chill for 15 minutes in the fridge or freezer. I actually left mine in the freezer overnight, which worked out fine. I just had to dip & put on the sprinkles really fast because the chocolate was hardening quick!

Melt almond bark in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after each increment. When bark is smooth and melted, stir in cake mix until smooth.

Dip cake batter balls in almond bark to coat completely. Remove with a fork and place on wax or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Decorate immediately with sprinkles. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Where did you get the printable? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for the award Susan! I am going to check it out right now :)

    Talley family - I actually made the printable for my sister's party. If you would like it, send me your email address and I will get it to you. If you don't want to post it, there is a link at the top right of the page with my email address - it say's "write me."

    Have a happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete