5/04/2010

Kookies


I needed to make a treat for cub scouts today, but wanted to do something quick. So, I went to my cookbooks and found a great new cookie recipe. It is from a church cookbook, which I love because it is a compilation of everyone's favorite recipes. They usually turn out well when they are all favorites!

This cookie is actually called Kookie and is really yummy. Double chocolate, with chocolate chips and walnuts - it was almost like a brownie. It made about 5 dozen cookies and took me about 5 minutes to whip up! The kids love them!

Kookies
1 box dark chocolate cake mix
1 box devils food cake mix
1 cup flour
4 eggs
1/3 cup water
1 cup oil
2 cups (16 oz) chocolate chips
1 cup nuts ( I used walnuts)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Mix all of the ingredients together. Make dough into little balls and place on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes - DO NOT OVERBAKE! It really makes a difference when the cookies are still soft, promise. That is it! Try not to eat to many.

2 comments:

  1. I made these the other night & they were very yummy! I added some peanut butter chips, just cause I had them. My family enjoyed them. They were very soft & chewy...but mine needed 9 minutes to prevent them from falling apart...my 8 minute batches weren't baked long enough to hold together. But I am a big fan of the slightly under-done cookie! I'll use this recipe again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep...used the recipe again! Yum!

    ReplyDelete