6/23/2009

Pull Aparts

This one is good, really good.  This is what I have eaten every Christmas morning since I was a little girl.  And now our family has made it a tradition for Easter and birthdays also, we can't wait to eat it!  Pete asked for this for Father's day and so we just had some again...yummy.

There are other names for this recipe, some people call it Monkey bread or sticky buns.  We call it Pull Aparts because you pull the gooey rolls apart.  But really, we should call it "Rip Aparts" because they get ripped apart so fast they are gone before you know it!  In fact, I didn't get my camera out quick enough and this is all that was left after everyone loaded their plates.

Pull Aparts

1 bag frozen rolls (about 24 rolls)
1 small vanilla non-instant pudding
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional, but really great!)
1 stick melted butter


Separate the frozen rolls and line them up into a greased bundt pan.  Melt the butter and pour over the rolls.  Then combine the pudding, brown sugar and nuts in a bowl.  After they are mixed, sprinkle evenly over the rolls - like the picture above.

Leave them uncovered on the counter all night long so the dough can rise.  When the rolls have risen well, bake it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Invert it onto a platter and enjoy!!  
Be careful when inverting onto the platter - all the good gooey drippings come out then, so you don't want to waste any of it!  Seriously, my family watches to make sure none drips onto the counter!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to give this a try, it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom would make this when I was younger and I have many fond memories of having "Monkey Bread". I couldn't find her recipe, but now I have yours. Can't wait to try them again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this recipe. I do the same exact thing but use butterscotch non instant pudding. Sooooo gooood!!!

    ReplyDelete